My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Last Chemo--Ring that Bell

My Last Chemo...July 17, 2012



 My mom came to every chemo...thanks for being there!
July 3, 2012
Cheryl, me and my mom at my last treatment.
Cheryl helps patients who have to go through this nightmare.

 My gang came to my last treatment.  They wanted to see what I was doing all this time.

My two little ones.  They are so sweet.  Love you too babe (Todd)


I am so excited.  I had my last chemo and it feels great to be done.  I know that I have a LONG road ahead but it is full of different things.  First, I have my surgery on August 10. I will have a skin sparing double mastectomy.  I will be down for about a month.  I won't be able to lift anything and might be in some pain.  I will try to work partial days as much as I can at first.  We will take it one day at a time.  After about 6 weeks, I will start my radiation.  This should be fun.  During all this time I will be traveling to Salt Lake City for drain checks, filling of my implant, doctors appointments, etc.  After I am done with all of this lovely stuff, I will be having another surgery to finalize my reconstruction.  It takes about a full year to finish all of these things.  I am done with the most yucky part, I think.  Hopefully all of the rest of the steps are much easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! That's a LONG road. You are such a trooper! I hope you really are on the downside of all of this now. That chemo sounds awful. I hope you start feeling better real soon now! Thinking and praying for you often! Loves!

    ReplyDelete