My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Two Weeks Out

I am two weeks out and back to work (part time).  I am trying to rest and heal (while I try to regain all of my other duties as well).  This wasn't as easy as I thought.  With Chemo I just had a few bad days and I was pretty much back to normal.  Surgery is another story.  Your body is cut and you are trying to get back to your old self but it really does take time.  I saw my new doctor, Dr. Donaldson on Tuesday.  I will start radiation as soon as my expanders are finished.  He was really great.  He knew my story, knew what treatment would be best and reassured me that I would have good and bad days but that was normal.  I am still having ups and downs.  I still have moments when I am mad, I am so mad that this is my life.  I really didn't plan on CANCER taking over so much of my life.  I guess it is what it is and I am not going to let CANCER take over.  (This must be a good day)  I am still waiting for my hair, nail and eyelashes to come back.  AHHHHHHH

We are having to make weekly trips to Salt Lake.  I see my doctors up there and get checks.  This Friday will be my first expansion.  I hear that it is like having the flu for a few days.  I don't know yet.  I will write how I am doing.  This has been a journey, one I wouldn't wish on anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment