My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Update of the Cyst Now Named Harry

Well, Dr. Rhode was amazing.  She really thought about how to treat my issues.  The choices were to have my right ovary removed (the cyst has pretty much destroyed it) and both my tubes or a complete hysterectomy.  I have chosen the first option.  I will still have some estrogen which I know is risky but I also need to be able to use my bones in the future.  Here is the plan:  First, I will have one more ultrasound on the 19th of November to see what the two cysts are doing.  If Harry (the 8 CM cyst) isn't behaving then will be in surgery on November 21 at IMC in Salt Lake City.  The doctor will take biopsies and determine whether the cysts are cancerous.  If everything looks normal then it will be an in and out surgery with a few days of recovery.  It can be done laproscopicaly.  If there is any cancer involved then....I get to have that lovely hysterectomy.  The recovery is about 6 weeks.  I will also have biopsies of other areas in my gut (so much  fun).  Now if my ultrasound shows that the cysts are behaving and going down naturally...NO surgery (YEAH!!).  Let's hope for this.  I am doing pretty well.  There isn't any pain involved so that is a positive.

I also had an MRI of my brain because I had a constant pain in my right side in the back.  I was so worried that my breast cancer had traveled to my brain.  It was a stupid sinus infection.  Did you even know that you could have an infection in the back of your head?  I am now on antibiotics and that was the most expensive sinus infection ever.  I would always regret it if I didn't get it checked and I did have a brain tumor.  That would be horrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment