My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pinktober, Yes or No??

I am at odds with myself about Pinktober.  Do I like all of the pink ribbon merchandise everywhere around me?  Or do I want to throw up every time I see it?  Sometimes it just makes me mad because it is many companies getting rich off of the "Pink Ribbon" pop culture.  How much money do these companies really donate to support breast cancer treatments or research?  Cancer isn't beautiful like a pink ribbon.  It is red from all the blood we have shed, it is green from all of the vomit, it is purple from the scars left on our bodies, it is black from all of the sisters we have lost to the disease, it is blue from all of the tears given when we are scared for the future, it is white from the hospital gowns we have worn during the time we spend in hospitals.  I don't see pink anywhere except on the ribbons that remind me that cancer keeps coming and affecting the people I love.  You decide how you feel, I have yet to decide.  


No comments:

Post a Comment