My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Monday, June 18, 2012

My End Goal

I have a goal...It is July 17...that is my last chemo date. After that I have a few weeks of normal. I get to feel like me for a few last weeks. I will have my own body back before I get "the Change". I will have my surgery in early August. I am grateful for all these doctors who are helping me live a longer life but I really wish I didn't need their help. I was just fine living the way that I was. I was fine being a mom, a teacher, a plain old boring woman. Now, I will be a cancer survivor always. I have mixed emotions. I am so happy that life will go on and that I will be able to keep being with my family. I am also sad that I am forever changed. It will always be at the back of my mind. Cancer....you stupid cancer, you suck! I do have happy news..today at my doctors appointment, my tumor was non-palpable. This means that it wasn't felt on the outside. My tumor has gone from 5 cm to non-palpable. This is great. The chemo is working. I am going through this hell for a reason, yeah! Thanks for all the happy thoughts and prayers coming our way. It is so so appreciated. I would like to hear from more people. Leave me a comment...I love to get them. Sometimes it's what gets me through a rough spot. :)

4 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring! Thanks for posting about your journey....I think about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!!! Wishing you nothing but the best....
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo happy for you Robyn!! Cancer does suck. I hate it. I am beyond impressed with the way you are handling it. You are amazing....who needs hooters anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the chemo is working! A plain old boring woman, ya right;) That sentance made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete