My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Monday, April 23, 2012

Relay for Life


Relay for Life at SUU

Friday night was the annual Relay for Life at Southern Utah University.  It was kind of strange to register at the SURVIVORS table.  I know that I am a survivor and I am really grateful for that but it isn't a club that I necessarily wanted to become a part of.  I am really uplifted by all the courageous people who have fought cancer and won.  It gives me hope to know that many people have battled this demon and won.  I am just mad that this is where my life has taken me.  I am going to take that fight and keep battling this. My good friend bought me this cool bag and they lit them in the evening to honor those people who have had cancer.  I was able to walk the first lap with my family.  I had three of my kids with me.  Kaili was able to let our purple balloons go and the end of the lap, she liked that.   I only lasted two hours but it was good to get out and see people.  I was able to see the nice kids from GYC, a club at my school that I help with.  They donated $500.00 to the Relay for Life.  I am impressed by all those who support the effort to find a cure for cancer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment