My Support System

My Support System
I have the best time with these guys

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am blessed

I am so blessed in my life. I know that I have had a rough week but I am lifted by everyone's prayers and kind words. I also have the best husband and kids in the world. Jordan says that "I'm not scary," enough times that I am sure she is just reassuring herself that I am still her mommy, just different. I am just grateful that I am the one going through this and not one of my kids. I am humbled my the children who go through this. They are the giants, they are the courageous ones. God gives us all challeges and I guess he knows what we can take. It's a good thing that I don't decide that because I would never give people this disease. I had a great care package today from some great women. They knew that I needed a pick me up. I am humbled my everyone's kind words, thank you. I went back to work today. The students only slightly stared at my bald head. I don't know what to say to people who stare??? Yes, I have cancer...you want a picture? No, that might make them uncomfortable. I wouldn't want anyone to be uncomfortable with the elephant in the room. Just ask people, it makes the mood lighter and it might make you a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment